RT / The White House has called on ‘all sides’ to cease fighting in Yemen, but failed to address the US role in the ongoing devastation in the Middle East’s poorest nation. US military support has been crucial in the Saudi-led war on Yemen. “The United States is gravely concerned by the recent escalation in violence and continued dire humanitarian conditions in Yemen,”  the White House said in a statement Friday. “We urge all parties to immediately cease hostilities, reenergize political talks, and end the suffering of the Yemeni people.”

Secretary Tillerson also spoke about #SaudiArabia and #Yemen : We have called for a complete end of the blockade in #Yemen and the opening of all ports. We are asking Saudi Arabia allow that access.

— Heather Nauert (@statedeptspox) December 8, 2017 The statement accuses the Houthis of “brutal repression of political opponents,” specifically calling out the killing of former President Ali Abdullah Saleh earlier this week, allegedly by Houthi rebels.

Muhammad al-Bukhaiti, a member of the Houthi political party Anasrullah, alleged that Saleh was collaborating with the United States, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates in an interview with Press TV.

In an interview with Iran's Press TV, a member of the political bureau of Ansarullah (Yemen's Houthi movement) said Saleh had been secretly collaborating with the US-Saudi-UAE coalition.

He also said the Houthis are willing to negotiate with Saleh's party https://t.co/iFPAKC0H0W

— Ben Norton (@BenjaminNorton) December 7, 2017

mundinewsadmin

View all posts