MiamiHerald / Salmonella found by state inspectors in Raws for Paws Ground Turkey Pet Food and Smokehouse Pet Products’ Beefy Munchies have caused recalls of the dog food products announced Thursday night.
Testing by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture found salmonella in the Raws for Paws product. The Colorado Department of Agriculture found the Salmonella in two 4-ounce packs of Beefy Munchies.
Two dogs who ate Raws for Paws’ ground turkey already have fallen ill, according to the recall notice.
While dogs can get salmonella from eating contaminated food, humans can get it from handling that food, especially without thorough hand washing after touching the food or surfaces that have touched the food.