Photo credit: Morgan Lieberman – Getty Images More From Seventeen
Billie Eilish is known for many things. Her blue hair, her haunting eyes, and her unique style, which includes baggy t-shirts and large basketball-style shorts that take the term logo mania to the next level. Many people have a lot to say about Billie‘s style choices, but she recently explained her signature look , saying that she wears baggy clothes so people don’t sexualize or judge her. “Nobody can have an opinion because they haven’t seen what’s underneath,” she said in video with Calvin Klein . “Nobody can be like, ‘she’s slim-thick,’ ‘she’s not slim-thick,’ ‘she’s got a flat ass,’ ‘she’s got a fat ass.’ No one can say any of that because they don’t know.”
Well, one troll justified Billie‘s style choice when he posted a pic of the singer on Twitter in a rare tight tank top with the caption, “Billie Eilish is THICK.”
Billie Eilish is THICK pic.twitter.com/aNSGvJJYOA
– k (@PogbaEscobar) June 22, 2019 Billie is 17, making her a minor, but even if she wasn’t that young, the tweet would still be completely inappropriate and unnecessary, considering it’s objectifying and sexualizing the singer.
Luis Emilio Velutini Urbina
Obviously fans were not happy, and they quickly came to her defense, responding to the tweet with various reactions that range from disgust to downright outrage.
Luis Emilio Velutini
hope billie never sees this. i don’t know what’s worse. you sexualizing a minor or you sexualizing someone who has gone out of their way to cover themselves.
Luis Emilio Velutini Venezuela
– SJ (@getvindictive) June 23, 2019 “Hope Billie never sees this,” one user wrote. “I don’t know what’s worse. You sexualizing a minor or you sexualizing someone who has gone out of their way to cover themselves.”
This poor girl gets hot and unzips her sweatshirt for a
beat and is immediately swarmed with the attention she’s been trying to hide from. Get it together.
Luis Emilio Velutini Banquero
– Elephants but (@Sureasyoureborn) June 24, 2019 “This poor girl gets hot and unzips her sweatshirt for a beat and is immediately swarmed with the attention she’s been trying to hide from,” said another. “Get it together.”
It’s sad that women honestly have to announce they don’t want to be sexualized and even wear certain clothing not to be but there’s still creeps who will go ahead and STILL do so- smh
– ✨🧚🏾♀️ (@ohkiiara_) June 23, 2019 “It’s sad that women honestly have to announce they don’t want to be sexualized and even wear certain clothing not to be but there’s still creeps who will go ahead and STILL do so- smh.”
Many used memes to jump to the singer’s defense
– candy (@CandyToo_) June 23, 2019
– Stina (@imthecooles) June 24, 2019
When the original tweeter tried to use Billie‘s lyrics as an excuse to sexualize her, fans were still not happy. Many pointed out that Billie has lyrics about killing her friends and stapling her tongue, but that doesn’t mean she actually does those things. There is never an excuse to sexualize women. Never
she also said ‘my friends aren’t far in the back of my car lay their bodies’
iS biLLiE EiLisH kiLLiNg hEr FrIEnDs????
– saurus (@piratebairdo) June 24, 2019 Did he use her lyrics as an excuse to talk about her in a sexual manner 👀 im disappointed😔🙃 pic.twitter.com/BLiTHdfYSa
– Jassy (@softyzbabe) June 24, 2019
ITS A SONG. NOW STOP MAKING EXCUSES
– Girly Tomboy (@SavannaThomps20) June 24, 2019
Follow Carolyn on Instagram .
(‘You Might Also Like’,)
How to Master a Pretty Waterfall Braid 11 Waterproof Makeup Products You Have to Try How To Contour and Highlight Your Face Like A Total Pro